The mission of the CRPA’s Volunteer Program is to actively promote a mutually rewarding relationship between volunteers who offer their talents, skills and time and CRPA staff who will support them in their efforts to cooperatively foster a lasting impression on those served while building our programs and their reputation of quality.
Definition of Volunteer
A volunteer is anyone, who without compensation performs a task at the direction of and on behalf of CRPA and Cherokee County. A volunteer must be officially registered and/or enrolled prior to performance of any task. Volunteers shall not be considered as employees of Cherokee County.
Why You Should Volunteer
Volunteering has multiple benefits from professional growth to personal growth. Below are only some of the highlights that you may experience along the way.
- Experience a sense of achievement and personal fulfillment that volunteering can bring.
- Become affiliated with CRPA, its mission, staff, programs, and events.
- Have the chance to meet some outstanding people.
- Gain experience in a new area of interest.
- Acquire service hours for community service, school projects, etc.
- Earn recommendations for future employment.